Monday, April 26, 2010

"Various Subjects and Photos......"

Don has been loaned an iPad from work so that he can become familiar with how they work, etc. so that his department can support them. Notice the little Hispanic boy on the screen? Me.....it shows my "supposed" American Indian blood (I want to get a DNA test to verify or disprove that part of family history)


I began some vegetable seeds in the Aero Garden Starter Tray this year. I had it last year, but with having both knees replaced, with the last one being done in early April, I didn't get to use it.


Not having large outside areas to fill with vegetables, I only started 6 pods of each type: Tomatoes, Summer Squash, Zucchini, and for fun, peas (to see how well the tray worked and get almost instant sprouting). The plants did well and many are transplanted into larger pots and now reside in the greenhouse where they continue to gain size. I'll have to make sure I take some photos of what I have out in the greenhouse, too.


Last week our neighbors on the other side of the bike path had their annual "burn". Don went to check it out again this year and took a few photos. Even though they always get a permit from the city to burn, it seems someone calls the fire department to report them, so this year they made sure the permit was very visible. :)


This is Rob, who organizes the burn. He also comes door to door prior to the burn, making neighbors aware on both sides of the bike path about when it is to take place.


A few more photos of the burn.......


No comments: