Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Koshkonong Prairie Churches...."

Sunday's training ride took us through the Koshkonong Prairie area. Did I know about this area before reading the sign? No, but both Don and I found it a very pleasant place to stop. :) I always have our 2 folding chairs in the back of the car, along with cold water for him, and sort of "set up camp" and used it as a rest stop.
We had come through this area the weekend before, on basically the same ride as planned for Sunday, but Don had some technical problems with his recumbent. He cut his ride short that day because his chain's derailer malfunctioned and he had no low gears. Luckily, he was able to make it to Cambridge and take the Glacier Drumlin Trail back, which isn't too hilly.

Rather than write about this area and it's 2 churches, I figured it would be easier (and certainly more accurate!), if I just included the sign which is located outside of one of the churches.

1 comment:

Travis said...

Michael,
Your blog is so much fun to read! I love hearing all of your and Don's adventures. I'm so impressed with all your knitting projects, too. I didn't know how felting was done, always thinking that the crafts were made of felt (like the kind in elementary art class!) It was great to see you and Don last night. We'll stop by again some Friday night to give everyone a good laugh at my enormous belly and to catch up.
Sara Tangen