Finally.....all of my 5 coils of rags are cut! I did tweak the "work station" a bit, too. I added a couple of clamps to help direct the cut strips into their respective containers, one of which I raised, and the other added to help with keeping things organized. I also brought over my Ott Light, which gave me much better lighting.
This photo is of coil #5's first cut.....the strip being collected in the laundry basket will have to be cut again. I found it actually much quicker to make the 2nd cut, because the 1st cut has to be unwound from the cardboard tube, while the 2nd time around, the rag is already loosened and feeds much easier from the airy pile in the laundry basket.
It took another day of on and off work to get them cut, and although not all of them are folded and wound into balls, they are at least cut to the size I want to use this first time weaving with them. I wouldn't have them all cut if I'd taken the time to fold and wind them into balls. I will fold the rag as I wind it onto my shuttle and see if that will be a more efficient use of my time.
I'll begin weaving with them today and will, of course, keep you posted on how things develop! ;)