I took this photo while I was at spinning with Jacqui at Dumgoyne Farm. The off white roving seemed "slightly" felted as I spun it, so I "thought" it would be a perfect wool for knitting a piece to be felted. More on the felting part later.........
This shows the 3 finished, 2 ply skeins, ready to be dyed.
I dyed all of the skeins, "Citrus". I do think I used a little too much dye. The color was a bit brighter orange than expected, rather than the paler orange that I remembered from the dyed sample at the yarn shop.
All 3 skeins are layered in the crock pot, each with a dusting of Garnet dye, on the left, and Jade, on the right. Once again, I probably used too much of dye, especially of the Garnet. I think if I'd used less, the Citrus would have shown through more on the finished yarn.
As it turned out, I think the orange of the Citrus, "tempered" the deeper red of the Garnet. All 3 colors remained, but much less of the Citrus and Jade than I'd planned on. Once again, I lucked out with dyeing and am pleased with the end results. :)