Thursday, December 25, 2008

"Merry Christmas!"

Merry Christmas from us to you!!!

Don and I are up and waiting for Sean to wake up so that we can "get on" with opening our gifts in our stockings and under the tree. :) Who'd ever of thought that I would have to wait for one of my children to wake up to start the mornings festivities? :)

We had a wonderful time at Laura and Gary's last night (Rob' sister and brother in law). We were invited to join them and a couple of her brothers, John and Todd, for the evening. Laura had baked lasagna for dinner and after dinner, we all watched a movie. A very nice, low key Christmas Eve, with a nice group.

Our friends from Iowa, Jim and George, who were to join us today for dinner, decided not to drive to Madison, as is their tradition, because of the horrible weather that has been leading up to Christmas Day, so it will only be Don, Sean, and me, along with Penny and Sheila, for Christmas dinner today. It will be a very nice day, too, and I've been looking forward to it for some time. The bonus was hearing that Sean made plans to visit us, so we had one of my children with us. Patrick, and my new daughter in law, Julie, are in Michigan's "thumb", staying with her parents, with numerous family gatherings planned. He called this morning to wish us a Merry Christmas, waking us up, as we were still in bed since we'd stayed up past our "normal" hour of bedtime. :)

It has been a strange morning for me.......I have been a little "emotional" this morning for some unknown reason.........I hope I can get it "under control" soon. LOL

Again.....we wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Michael,

I hope you guys have a great day. I'm heading over to my mom's for a bit and then we're hosting a low key event just for two of Geoff's daughters. After moving our big Xmas to Saturday it turns out Andrew doesn't have to work today after all. He'll probably show up this aft with the kitten. Fun!

Hang in there, I'll be thinking of you both.

Barb