Thursday, September 20, 2007

"On Chi-Cheemaun.........

As you can see, the day became bright and beautiful.....a far cry from what we had been waking up to.It was cool and the wind crisp, so I am really glad I'd unpacked my sweatshirt to wear while on the ferry.
The lighthouse on Cove Island, which is just off the mainland. Remember to double click on a photo for a better look.... :)
Flowerpot Island and a freighter in the distance.
The dock at Tobermory. This had been the easy part of the day for Don. He now had 50 miles to ride to reach our destination for the night....... Wiarton, Ontario.
It had been a wonderful morning with the sunshine, cool breeze, scenery, and being taken along our route without having to drive myself. :) I neglected to mention earlier, but when I was instructed to drive my car into the bowels of the Chi-Cheemaun, and then following the directions of the sailors inside, I ended up being the 1st one in line to drive off the ferry when we disembarked in Tobermory, immediately behind the bicycles! How was that for luck?! It was back to the reality of the ride, after leaving the ferry. As mentioned, we still had 50 miles of road to cover. More photos of this day to follow..... :)

2 comments:

Maniphone said...

I absolutely love the light house picture. It sort of takes your breath away.

Barb said...

Hi Michael,

I can't see the pictures today! I tried in Firefox and IE, no luck. I'll check back later to see if the problem has magically resolved itself. I hate computers! :)