Thursday, September 29, 2011

"New Weaving Project......"


I drove out to Susan's Fiber Shop yesterday to buy some more rug warp. While there, I asked her if it was possible to weave a scarf, having in mind some rayon chenille that I already have in my stash. The answer was yes, and she showed me a sample of one that she had woven........so my new weaving project is going to be a scarf.

This is the same yarn I used when I wove some towels that we use for "hot tubbing". Those towels are EXTREMELY soft and luxurious so having a scarf woven from that same material, but doubled (warp AND weft, towels were weft only, cotton warp), it should be spectacular!

I forgot to take photos of measuring out the warp, but finally remembered when I had already thread the warp through the heddles and reed. Susan suggested 12 epi (ends per inch), so I have 96 warp threads for an 8" scarf, plus 4 extras to double the last 2 threads on each side for added strength.


The warp is tied and ready for weaving......


A close up of the warp. "Double click" for an even closer look........


2 comments:

Barb said...

oh I'm so glad you are trying it! Now we'll see about broken warp threads...

dc said...

This will be awesome. Anxious to see the end results.