After I received Maniphone's "true" measurements for a rug, I set about warping the loom to weave her another. I also included more warp so that I could weave a couple more rugs afterwards.
Taking blogger "Karen of the Woods" suggestions, I dyed 4 batches of loopers on our stove top, using Rit dye once again, and am happy with the results. The photo below shows the colors, which I threw together and mixed up, so that when I chained them, they would come into the chain randomly.
The finished rug. I sewed each hem underneath the last row of loopers, but after breaking a needle and having numerous problems (that I did experience on the 1st rug I sent her, too), I have decided not to hem the ends that way again, so from now on, a slight amount of warp will show on each finished end.
Maniphone sent me these photos of the rug in its new home.......
Tomorrow I will post about a new "recycled" material, called Jazz Strings.