Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"House of David...."


I grew up in Benton Harbor, MI. During my childhood, we could hear the whistle of the House of David train at our house. We used to ride our bikes to one of their farms, where they kept their ponies that gave rides at the amusement park, and feed them grass through the fence. AND......they had the BEST ice cream cones. I "think" they may have invented the "waffle cone", for that is what we had when served our scoops of ice cream. The House of David also had the most beautiful floats in the annual Blossom Parade, too.



What is the House of David? I am attaching a link to the website which can show you easier than I can tell you. I will say that I have a special place in my heart for it, and unfortunately, the people who own it are all passing away with no one to take their place. (A CULT!!!!) Most things that I remember from my childhood are long gone and have been torn down, but there are a few buildings left that show the grandeur of what used to be.............

http://www.houseofdavidmuseum.org/parktour/traindepotsouth.htm


By clicking on the photo to enlarge it, you can see a little of what used to be there.

No comments: