Thursday, March 5, 2009

"Another Visit to Dumgoyne Farm......"

I went to visit Jacqui again yesterday at her farm outside of Blanchardville, WI, and had a wonderful time. Gracious person that she is, she made lunch for us again, which was delicious!

I also wanted to buy some washed fleece and this photo shows some of which I had to choose from.


And another......the large bag of brown fleece, shown on the counter, did come home with me. :)


This big guy is "Clousean". I hope I have spelled his name correctly. His is the other fleece that I bought yesterday. He is a Rambouillet X bred sheep.


This is his bag of fleece/wool that I bought. I have 2# 1.5 ounces of this beautiful wool.


Mocha, the handsome brown guy in the center of the photo (whose bag of fleece I mentioned in the 2nd photo), is the supplier of my other bag of fleece that I brought home. It is his lamb fleece and is EXTREMELY soft. He is a Texel X bred sheep.


Here is his wool........I love the slight variation of tones in his fleece. I'm sure it will be very beautiful when spun. I have 3# 9 ounces of this lambs wool.

1 comment:

Maniphone said...

I can't wait to see you work your magic! Is that REALLY wool? I thought it was completely something else!