I found out doing this on the table loom was much simpler. When searching for small screw eyes, I came across these Coaxial Cable Straps, which just happened to be the correct size for the steel rod I planned on using.
The 2 steel rods are thinner than what I had used on my floor loom, leftovers from a failed attempt to replace the wooden warp and cloth rods. The rods proved too thin and bent under tension, but now they have a new use, which I think they are perfectly suited.
The coaxial cable straps needed only to be lightly tapped in and they were in place. The rods will slide in and out easily when the ratchet arm is loosened and held horizontal. The straps won't be in the way when the loom is folded for storage either. If need be, the nails can be replaced with long thin screws, too, which I will most likely do to make them more secure.
The newest home made temple works well on the table loom, too, after tying up the cord to make it shorter. Working with them on my 2nd twill sampler was a positive experience, so I think I will replace the mitten clips/string on my 1st temple with alligator clips and nylon cord.
Again, my thanks to Sarah from Woolgatherer's in Fond du Lac, WI, for the temple plans. ( http://www.woolgatherers.com/id105.htm )