Thursday, February 23, 2012

"Haircuts and Bangs Trim......"

Patrick, Abigail, and I have gone to get our hair cut/bangs trimmed, the past several times I've visited. We drive about 5 miles north from Brethren, to a small town called Kaleva, where Sandy, the barber, owns and operates her shop.

Sandy said that this marble ramp is the most played with toy in the shop. As you can see, Abigail was not an exception to that observation. ;)


I had my haircut first, and I finally remembered to take a photo of Patrick while he was in the "adult" barber chair. The shop is a small one (I took this photo sitting next to the front window), but sees a lot of activity.


The second barber's chair is for a child. How many of you can say you've seen one like this? I'd not seen one before and don't remember anything other than a booster chair set across the arms of an adult barber chair for me as a child. Abigail took the horses reins and settled in.......


Abigail was quite good about this whole operation. We were there on Valentines Day, as seen by the various red gift bags that Sandy had ready for pickup. One was picked up by a guy while we were there, and he was quite effusive in his thanks, so I'd guess Sandy might be considered quite a life saver for the husbands and boyfriends of Kaleva. ;)


Never a peep out of Abigail. She just closed her eyes and went with the flow......


Even as trimmed hair fell tickling her face she continued to stay steady and not wiggle.


I was able to get quite a few good photos. What a grimace, eh?


Steady as she goes.......


Whew! Finished! Now she could wipe her face. :)


Oops! Not quite finished. Just a few more snips while Dad helped keep her hands away from her face.


Finished with a big "high five" with Dad and one for Sandy, too. :)

I don't enjoy getting my haircut and really do put it off as long as I can, so my visits to the barber in MI, with Patrick and Abigail, make the event more palatable. And the price of $9 helps, too. ;)

1 comment:

Molly Bee said...

Awesome shots! I'm going to get my hair cut this evening and I'm going to demand the horsey chair!