Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"Petoskey and Family Reunion"

It's been a year since our entire family has been together, so I call our gathering a family reunion.  Most families have their family reunions in the Summer, but ours tends to take place in the Spring.

Claire arrived from DC on Tuesday afternoon.  Wednesday morning, the 3 of us got into the car to drive up to Petoskey to visit Sean, my youngest son.  Patrick, Julie, and Abigail drove up separately, beating us there by a few minutes.

Claire and Abigail head upstairs during their exploration of Sean's house.



Abigail meets Gizmo on the way up the stairs and stops for a bit of camaraderie.



Upstairs, they come across Sean's electric guitar and can't resist the temptation to sit down and strum a few chords.





Meanwhile downstairs, Patrick is helping Sean get a computerized odometer (or something like that) to work on his bike.  Sean had been fussing with it and couldn't get it to work.  Patrick is our families "Mr. Fix It", and yes, they did get the piece of equipment to work.   ;)



While Claire and Abigail were strumming upstairs, Don picked up my old guitar that Sean taught himself to play on and strummed a bit himself.



Following Don's example, I, too, picked it up to strum a bit and did as well as I did "back in the day", which is to say........horrible!  I never did learn how to play.   I am very pleased that Sean took it and learned to play it.  I talked with my sister about it after our vacation and I've come to the decision that she had given me the guitar for Christmas back in the early 1970's.  It is still going strong.....just not in my hands.  ;)


To be continued......

1 comment:

KarenInTheWoods said...

What fun for Abigail to have all that wonderful family in one place!

You look like a pained artist being forced to perform with the guitar, but Don makes it look more comfortable sitting on the floor to play.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com