Monday, May 14, 2012

"I'm Baaaaaaack......"

Have you missed me?   ;)

Last week, Don and I enjoyed our annual Traverse City, MI vacation, renting a beautiful house on Mickey Lake, which is not too far from downtown TC.

One of the first things we did was visit "Left Foot Charley's" (http://www.leftfootcharley.com/), located in one of the renovated buildings in "The Village" of Grand Traverse Commons, formerly known as the Northern Michigan Asylum.  Don loves their Hard Cider, shown in the photo below, and I sampled their Dry Riesling, which is also delicious.


Our first night at the house was also the night of what was being referred to as "The Super Moon".  I'd not heard anything about it until I read some posts on Facebook.  I did take some photos, hoping that they would do it justice, but for the record, they really don't.  I like the photos anyway because they show the serenity of Mickey Lake.



I suppose too, another reason I loved the place we had rented was that it reminded me very much of the setting of my cabin, which I sold when I moved to Wisconsin.  My cabin was built high up on a hill, overlooking a small lake, too.  There definitely was no comparison to the house we rented and my cabin, but sitting outside on the deck had the same "feel", especially when seeing the reflected lights in the lake of a small cabin across the way............


Continued tomorrow.......

3 comments:

KarenInTheWoods said...

Boy.. that looks good!

Molly Bee said...

Pretty pictures! I'm glad you're back. I did wonder where you went!Your neighbors house was for sale for a very long time!

Molly Bee said...

Pretty pictures! I'm glad you're back. I did wonder where you went!Your neighbors house was for sale for a very long time!