Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Strawberry Lemonade Scones......"

A few weeks ago, Ms. Molly Bee, blogger extraordinaire (http://mollybeesattic.blogspot.com/), sent me this recipe for Strawberry Lemonade Scones knowing how much I love scones. I baked them a few days after receiving the recipe when I had gathered all of the ingredients.


As beautiful as the fresh strawberries were, I don't think they have as much flavor as those grown locally "in season".


I must admit that I was surprised by one of the recipes ingredients......freeze dried strawberries, since it called for fresh, too, but into the batter they went.


I "think" the dough seemed a bit less firm/heavy than other scone recipes I have followed, but it was firm enough to hold its shape.


And flattened out nicely on the baking sheet.


The dough wanted to stick to the knife when cutting it into the 8 pieces, so next time perhaps I should wet the knife in between cuts?


They baked and browned beautifully, but took longer than the recipe's bake time. I guess that is why most recipes give a bake time then add or until brown, eh? ;)


After dusting with powdered sugar, they were done! And yes, they were delicious! ;)

If any of you have a scone recipe that you think I should try, please feel free to send it to me at: badger4u@sbcglobal.net

1 comment:

KarenInTheWoods said...

Yummy. Yummy. Yummy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com