Monday, October 17, 2011

"The Guesthouse........"


After returning to Brethren from our lunch date with Claire in Traverse City, we regrouped and got ready to go to the horse stable where Julie and Abigail ride. My duty in this regroup, was to take the dogs out.

Abigail watching Grandpa from the front door wondering why she is not outside, too.......


Here is Copper with Morgan. Morgan was raised by Copper. Patrick had lived at the cabin with me for a bit before getting his position with the state up in Manistee. During that time, he'd found this little puppy running loose along one of the back roads......much too small to have been out and about with permission. After attempting to find his owner, with no luck, this little puppy was named Morgan Riley, and has been a part of the family ever since. As you can see, the little puppy grew into a much larger dog, surpassing Copper in size.


Here is the "Guesthouse", which I have posted on here before. I posted it this time so that you could see the colorful view which I had during my visit.


I made some changes inside the camper, too. In stead of pulling out the couch and sleeping there, I chose to lower the table and sleep in the booth instead. It is plenty long enough for my body frame, plus I like the looks of it, too. :) Although, after sleeping on it during this longer visit, I've come to the conclusion that I really should think about buying a regular mattress for more comfort. If I do buy a mattress, instead of sleeping in the booth, I will pull the couch out and have the mattress there in the permanent position. It should be able to be either a full or a queen mattress, and so much more comfort! ;) Maybe next trip..........


The "Jazz String" runner that I wove just prior to my trip fit perfectly, too! I was very pleased. As you can see in this photo, I have a "Looper rug" also.....that is right as you come in the front door. I imagine I will be weaving a small runner for the kitchen area, too, but it isn't a top priority yet. Too many woven items to do yet before Christmas! ;)

Abigail and Julie on horseback tomorrow........

4 comments:

Barb said...

Love the view! I bet it was hard to leave.

Molly Bee said...

Gorgeous runner!

KarenInTheWoods said...

Your Jazz String rug came out GREAT!!!! Your little guest house is right cozy and wonderful to have your own space when visiting. They say fish and visitors start to stink after three days, right? No stinking going on when you have your own digs! LOL

ps those twin air mattresses work well to put on top of a regular RV mattress and can deflate during the day. Like how you did a *day bed* thing with the table bed---neato!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

KarenInTheWoods said...

Your Jazz String rug came out GREAT!!!! Your little guest house is right cozy and wonderful to have your own space when visiting. They say fish and visitors start to stink after three days, right? No stinking going on when you have your own digs! LOL

ps those twin air mattresses work well to put on top of a regular RV mattress and can deflate during the day. Like how you did a *day bed* thing with the table bed---neato!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/