Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"Unrelated Items......"

As some of you may remember, I was in the hospital with my 2nd knee replacement when I got the call from my son Patrick, that he and his wife Julie, were going to have a baby. They've since found out that the baby is a girl.

Since I was "home bound" for a good 2 weeks after surgery, plus when I did get the OK to drive, I really wasn't feeling up to going yarn shopping. I did however, find some yarns in my "stash" and was able to begin knitting items for my grandchild. The results are in the following photo. One blanket, 2 sweaters, 2 pair of socks, and 3 baby hats. I managed to knit a few things, but nothing was gender specific, so I will have to remedy that with at least 1 new piece using a shade of pink. ;)


Totally unrelated, is the condiment called Bacconnaise. Don, who loves anything to do with pork, especially bacon, found this on the internet. He sent me the link and while I was perusing the site, I found retail stores where it is sold. One just happened to be our local Copp's. Don is one happy guy now. :)

No comments: