Friday, July 10, 2009

"Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket"

I finished the Baby Surprise Jacket! I tried to take a number of photos of the process from start to finish and think I got a fairly good example of various stages. I have also started on another jacket using the salmon/coral color pathway, which I will post a photo of when it is completed.







Here is "The Blob" of knitted material. By the way......button holes are knitted into both sides of the jacket, so you don't have to worry about which side you want button holes to be on while knitting. Sewing one closed gives you the exact placement of where the button should be.......


Which folds nicely into.......


A little Baby Surprise Jacket!


Here is the completed jacket with "baby chick/duck" buttons. I am rather proud of this little project. ;)

2 comments:

Molly Bee said...

OMG! It's adorable. I tried that pattern a couple of times and "Surprise"...it didn't turn out anythng like a jacket!

Unknown said...

por favor, necesitolas instrucciones en espaƱol. gracias