Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"La Fete de Marquette......"

Mama Digdowns Brass Band, from Madison, performed at the La Fete de Marquette Festival last Sunday. Don and I had gone down to the Art fair on the Square first, then drove over the festival in time to hear the brass band perform a few numbers. Their final number was performed in the style they are known for.....parade form with people dancing behind them.

No captions for the many following photos of "The March", but you can see that everyone is having an extremely good time. ;)










The day was a beautiful sunny day and that night my forehead reminded me of that fact. I am not used to being out in the sun and between walking the art fair AND the festival, I received way more sun than I have in quite some time. I have got to get a summer straw hat!!!

No comments: