After posting the photo of Barb, with the basket of socks, I got to thinking, I do not remember posting photos of the finished pairs. I will remedy this today. The commercial yarns are the pairs with orange/brown, light blue/brown, and the brighter oranges/dark blue. The rest are all knitted using my hand spun. I had the pairs all set in different places, and when I decided to gather them to store in one place , I was sort of amazed that I had so many (happy, but amazed). :)
Here are 2 of the finished skeins of my hand spun. The blue is spun from some 100% Merino Superwash roving that I bought, and the "barber pole stripe" is what I just had completed, using hand dyed wool and nylon rovings. I am anxious to see how it knits up.
Here is a close up view, so you can see the color paths in the barber pole effect easier (especially if you "double click" the photo).
Last Friday, I decided to wash the raw Icelandic fleece that I had bought from Joan, who lives in Maine. I got it almost completed in one day, but had to finish 1 more batch of the fleece on Saturday morning, thus, the "not quite awake look" and the robe.......
The drying fleece. This was taken with a flash which I think, brings out the true colors/warmth of the fleece. I had it drying on a window screen in the basement, and it actually was completely dry by the next morning. I now have to card (comb to arrange the wool fibers in one direction) the washed fleece in order to be able to spin it.