Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"Spinning, Costume, and Knitting....."

This is the Merino Superwash wool, called "Sky Blue", that I am now spinning. I am spinning it thin so that when I ply it, I will be able to use the resulting yarn for socks. My goal has been to try and spin the roving so thin as to make sock yarn, that I am beginning to wonder if I'll ever be able to spin anything thicker to make worsted or bulky weight yarns. I think if I have trouble spinning singles thicker, I will just be plying 3 or more singles together to get the heavier yarns, which will result in the weight yarn I want.


Evie and Bridgett stopped by the other night to show us Evie's Fairy Halloween costume. Tracie told me the next day, that Evie had wanted to sleep in it, too, but they had been able to finally talk her out of that. :) Evie is infatuated with the parakeets, Topo and Sam, so each time she visits, she heads quickly back to the kitchen to pay her respects to them, and of course, show them her costume. :)


I had knitted a "Flap Hat" for Evie, too, which just so happens, to fit Bridgett. I hope that Evie is able to keep track of it, as Tracie told me the following day, that it fits her as well.

1 comment:

Molly Bee said...

Awww! What a cute little fairy! And cute hat too. I have the same problem with spinning too thin. I can't seem to spin heavier even if I concentrate, which as we all know, I don't do well in the first place these days! I guess 3 ply is the answer for me too. Beautiful sky blue!