Friday, February 18, 2011

"2nd Weaving Project Starts....."

I decided to try something new on the loom. I ordered a "kit", which had all of the yarns necessary for 4 "Camp/Cottage Towels", or as I would normally call them, kitchen towels. ;)

Here is the first part of the warp, tied and ready to come off of the warping rack.


And the same warp chained (to keep it from tangling) ready to go onto the loom. Hard to believe it is 5 yards long. :)


All of the warp measured out, chained, and ready to spread out so that it can be wound onto the warp beam.


Warp spread out and through my Harrisville tensioning rack.


A view from the back. The warp will be wound onto the large warp beam, situated directly below where the ends are now.


Part way through winding the warp onto the warp beam......


The warp is on the loom! Well.....meaning I can begin threading all 400 warp ends through the heddles and then through the reed as my next step in the process. ;)

I've also included the pattern sheet that I received with the kit, so you could see what the final towels will look like....or so I hope. ;) Of course, as you can see, I'm using 3 shades of blue, with the natural as main background.


To be continued......

No comments: