Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"Preparing for Thanksgiving....."

I spent most of yesterday preparing foods that could be made ahead for our Thanksgiving Feast. The same thing will happen again today, and once more, I will enjoy being there. I have been looking forward to Thanksgiving for quite some time. It gives me the chance to make some special recipes that I do not make except for special times. Recipes like my Mom's cranberry salad, and my Grandmother's baked cabbage, neither of which are all that special, but both have meaning to me, and bring back wonderful memories of past holiday's.

Today, I will be mainly concentrating on pies, both new recipes. One with bourbon, bacon, and pecans that Don found (the boy LOVES bacon!), and the other a cranberry meringue. I also have a few things to finish up from yesterday, too, but nothing that is too complicated or fussy.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and safe travel if you are one of the thousands out on the roads or in the sky.

No comments: