Monday, September 28, 2009

"Looper Rugs......"

I finished the 2 looper rugs for which I had warped the loom. Unfortunately, not ever having planned for 2 on the loom before, I didn't realize that after one was woven, it became too thick on the front beam to weave the other. That meant I had to cut it off and re-tie the warp again, which, in turn, used more of the warp that I had intended for the 2nd rug and allowing me less warp to weave, ending in a much shorter rug than I had planned. I now have a small rug next to the bed. :)

Here is a photo of the 1st rug prior to finishing it and cutting it off.


The finished rug (approximately 3'x4').


This photo will give you a better idea as to the size of the rug. I am very pleased with how it turned out.


I have chained up the loopers in preparation for my next rug. If I have time today, I will begin measuring out the warp for this rug, plus adding enough to it in order to weave the 2nd rug that I had originally planned, after cutting this one from the loom. :)