I began another weaving project Tuesday. I measured out my warp, in 6 groups of 36 (38 in the 2 outside groups).
I then spaced them on the back rod, using my "Tensioning Device" between crosses in the warp.
Next came the spreading out of the warp into 1" increments along the "tension raddle" that I made using 1"x3" wood and nails. I have that held in place using Velcro. Notice the other places I have Velcro on my loom. The many uses of Velcro! ;)
My warp is all spread out and ready to thread through the heddles. (back view)
A view from the front......
Working from the center and right to left, I have threaded the first 3" of warp through the heddles. After that half is threaded, I will then start again from the center and thread from left to right.
All 218 warp threads ready for the next step.......sleying the reed.
More to follow......