Monday, September 22, 2008

"All Photos of The Village at Traverse Commons....."

First off, I want to tell those of you who may not know why I didn't post anything last Friday. Don and I were in Michigan for Patrick's (my oldest son) wedding. Don took close to, if not more than, 600 photos, so those will take a bit of time for him to process, before I will be able to begin posting about the wedding. I have to say though, that it was the most beautiful wedding that I have ever attended (mine and Cindy's being #1, of course), and speaking for our immediate family, numerous tears were shed.

More on the wedding soon.......

Perhaps it is fate that I have time before the wedding photos, because there are still parts of our Traverse City trip that have not been written about. This is DEFINITELY the largest post I have ever entered! 20 Photos!!!!! They all are of The Village at Traverse Commons, the multi-use renovation that I had written about earlier. Some are photos are of the completed "wings", while other sections of the building are being worked on as these photos were taken. There are also some photos that show parts of the building that have yet to be touched, other than (I think I mentioned this in an earlier post), the entire building was re-roofed prior to any renovations, so that the parts of the building not yet worked on, would not deteriorate further because of weather.


This is the cupola (correct term?) that Don was able to climb up into. The cupola's that above individual condos, actually have access through those condos. The one Don climbed up into was accessed through a condo that was not quite completed. There was no hesitation on his part to do so.....I stayed far down below. ;)





The small condo we enjoyed is the one with the circular window, which was part of the living area. The 2 windows to the left of it were the kitchen/dining area, and the 2 windows to the right of it were in the bedroom. Although only 850 square feet (or so), it had plenty of room and storage. I'd move in a heart beat. :)


This photo shows a large part of the southern end of Building 50, beginning with the midpoint of the entire building, which is the newer section on the right. Not all of the lower half shows because it continues to wrap around with another "wing" at the far left. The condo we liked so well is seen next to the trees........


These balconies are seen to the left from the condo we liked. Some of the balconies are private, while others are "common areas" for the residents.




Don walked completely around Building 50 and took numerous photos. This one begins showing areas not yet under renovation, but as the photos progress, they return to the finished portion of the building.









This is again in the finished area. That little figure is me. Have I ever before used the word "little" to describe myself??? NEVER!!!! :)



More of TC tomorrow........

1 comment:

Barb said...

"move in a heartbeat"?? hmmmmm... This is all getting a little scary...

It's great to hear that the wedding was wonderful. Can't wait to see the pictures! well maybe not all 600! ;)