Monday, February 18, 2008

"Blossoms....."

The tomato plants are growing quickly now.....even the little yellow one that had a very slow start. I've had to raise the lights 2 times already and will have to do so again today. That will only leave me one more slot to move it again, so that is when I will have to begin pruning the plants.


There have been blossoms now for about a week. I have hand pollinated each flower, which was easy enough to do when there were only a few, but now that more are blooming, it is hard to remember which ones I have already done. :) The directions say just to "shake the plant" so I guess it is time to follow those instructions and hope for the best.


The African Violets that our friend George gave me when he and Jim moved from Madison to Iowa, are blooming beautifully now, too. They have to be re-potted, but that won't happen until later in the spring when I can do that out in the greenhouse.


A close up of the blossoms......

1 comment:

Barb said...

Thanks for the green! I needed that to break the monotony of white, brown and gray. My grandma raised african violets. Nice to see some again...

Barb