Monday, August 29, 2011

"Juicing.....Day 1....."


Here are the ingredients for my Friday morning juice. Seedless Red Grapes (recipe called for Concord, but they were not available), Blackberries, Apple, and Ginger. I'll cut back on the ginger next time, but it did add a nice taste to the juice, which, by the way, was delicious!


Juicing in progress.......


The finished juice and the pulp which I took from the bag lined pulp container. I decided against using a bag liner from then on, as I no longer empty it after each juicing. After the dinner juicing, I take the day's pulp out and feed it to the chickens, who are absolutely delighted with it! If I weren't feeding the pulp to the chickens or composting it, I might continue using a bag for ease of clean up.


A frothy 16 oz. of breakfast juice........


Quick and easy clean up, too.


These are the ingredients for my lunch juice.......Carrots, Pears, Apples, Beets, Cabbage, and Chard. I will be cutting back on Beets in my juicing, too. I like pickled Beets, but fresh ones give a "bit too earthy" of a taste.

I must say that I am pleasantly impressed with how I am reacting to my juice fast. I've not had feelings of being hungry and I've resisted temptation of tasting tidbits of what I am fixing Don for his meals. I even baked a birthday cake for Rob and didn't have any when we celebrated yesterday!! :)

Today is Day 4 of my 5 day juice fast. Some of the juice recipes I have followed and tried have been wonderful....others, not so much. Trying the recipes is good because I now know what vegetables/fruits/herbs I enjoy juiced, and what ones I will use smaller amounts of due to taste........and which ones I will avoid completely. ;)

2 comments:

dc said...

Wow, how healthy!! Are you trying to loose weight or just get healthy! You look pretty healthy in your picures. Good luck. It is fun to try new things. Be sure to keep us posted.

MOM GETS_FIT said...

I want to hear more about your juice fast. I'm on one right now too. BTW- Nice Juicer!! Love the pics. I'm glad you addressed the clean-up. I've found it is way easier to wash the juicer as soon as you are done juicing.