Monday, May 10, 2010

"Another Custom Color Sock Yarn....."

I'd ordered some new Jacquard Acid Dyes and recently had my first opportunity to use them. I once again used the coned sock yarn that I had bought from WEBS, Valley Franklin Natural. The dyes used were #632 Chestnut, #633 Aztec Gold, and #635 Brown. I didn't have any unused oil/vinegar bottles to mix the dye with water, so I used a plastic fork and just hand spread some of the dye along the length of the sock tube. These photos show how the tube turned out.

The tube prior to unraveling and winding onto a paper towel tube (getting it ready to use on the paint roller cage attached to my NZAK sock machine).


After winding....


I include the next 2 photos only because of the sunlight and evergreen background, which make the browns look a bit brighter. Once again prior to unraveling/winding........


And after......




2 comments:

Molly Bee said...

OMGosh! That's gorgeous! So rich and chocolatey! YUM!

yardsnacker said...

That color is beautiful! Would make a great scarf! Love the shot of the pine cone ala yarn!