Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"Carried Away....."

I took another piece off of my larger loom. This one was made for hanging on one of the bedroom walls. I have to admit that I am happy with the results. I actually measured sections and counted picks to make sure that I had a symmetrical design this time....and I was successful! :) In this photo, I am tying the end fringe.


Don suggested we take photos of the piece while the sun was shining brightly. We got a little carried away with the "photo shoot". :) The sunshine really does help show the brightness of some of the colors.


The yarn used (Lion Brand Homespun) is so soft, you really could use it as a "prayer shawl".


Or a "poncho". I am guessing that it "drapes" well enough for one?


As said earlier, I am happy with the results......as is Don. Since we plan on using it as a wall hanging, and both of us have to look at it, that is the most important part. :)

1 comment:

Molly Bee said...

OMGish! That's gorgeous! Homespun is so soft. It's what I use to make comfort shawls for the Hospice Center in Fitchburg. It'll make a great wall piece!!! Way to go!