Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Some Gifts....."

I finished a couple of "Henley" style sweaters that I am giving the boys for Christmas (and 1 for myself, too!) and found these terrific buttons for them.

This one is mine........Bear Claws!


A close up of the claw......


And for the boys......Indian and Buffalo Nickles!


A close up of the Buffalo.....


And one of the Indian Head Buttons. Perfect replicas of old nickles!


When talking with Patrick last Friday, he lamented the fact that no one had given Abigail anything that had a camouflage pattern on it (hunter that he is and I'm sure he is hoping that Abigail will be interested in hunting, too). Don and I took care of that little issue on our drive to Iowa last Saturday, stopping at Cabela's in Prairie du Chien, WI, which is on the Mississippi River. We found a very small "camo" winter hat and a tiny pair of "camo" shoes, both I'm sure, intended for little boys. When buying buttons the other day, I found these little pink bows and decided to sew them onto the hat to make sure no one would confuse Abigail's gender. ;)

1 comment:

Molly Bee said...

Adorable. I love the paw buttons! Can't wait to see a picture of Abigail in her new duds!