Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"Saint Patricks Day....."

Don and I drove into Traverse City yesterday to run a few errands.  Afterwards, we decided to go to Bubba's (http://www.tcbubbas.com) for lunch.  Don had read that the Traverse City Bagpipers were planning on being there at 2 PM for one of their stops in the "Unofficial" Annual Traverse City Pub Crawl (https://www.facebook.com/events/555664847797144/).

Bubba's was PACKED, but we managed to share a table with another couple of guys alongside the bar/walkway between seating in the front and seating in the back.  We arrived prior to the TC Bagpipers and had "ringside" seats for their entrance.

Their Drum Major leads them in....single file, of course, due to the crowd!






Yes, I forgot to wear my green yesterday.  We have found that being retired means we no longer know what day it is....or when we do, we forget that it is the current day and walk out of the house "oblivious" sometimes (I should probably say I speak for myself only).  Yesterday was one of those days.  We knew it was St. Patrick's Day but it didn't "click" that we should have on green!  I could have looked quite "Ye Olde Bearded Irishman" if only I'd remembered!  ;)


While sitting at our table, we did receive a few "Irish Trinkets" from passersby.  Here is Don with the ones he scored.


A good time was had by all!

No comments: