Thursday, June 13, 2013

"Planted and Mulched....."

Here is the round raised bed planted with marigolds.  "As an experiment", I also planted bush green beans seeds among the marigolds.  I guess we'll see if they are compatible and/or if one is too overbearing.  I amended the soil with peat moss and compost, too, then topped the area with a shredded cedar mulch.  Hopefully, that won't inhibit the sprouting of the green bean seeds either.  As I said, it is an experiment.  :)


Speaking of "mulched", I laid straw around all of the vegetable plants, too, in hopes of it keeping more moisture in the ground by allowing less evaporation, and helping keep the squash and pickles cleaner as they grow.

 
Yes, more clean up around this area is needed, too.  ;)  I did mount the weed eater charger day before last and "assume" the weed eater is now fully charged.........I plan to find out today.  ;)

3 comments:

Nan said...

Good luck with the beans. The view in the gazing ball is cool.

Barb said...

Your progress is astounding! I'm tired just reading about all the work you are doing. It all looks fantastic!

Barb said...

Your progress is astounding! I'm tired just reading about all the work you are doing. It all looks fantastic!