Art, because of this photo that Don took with the sun coming in the front room windows. This is the inside my Harrisville floor loom castle, with its numbered harness cables. Nice, eh? :)
And this is the Eats photo.......Don's "New Years Morning Breakfast". I thought since it was a special day, he should have a special breakfast. So.....a breakfast sausage patty, several slices of bacon, with cinnamon toast on the side, and his omelet filled with ham, bacon, sausage, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, 3 cheeses (parmesan, blue, and cheddar), and some seasonings. He was one happy camper (as shown by his taking a photo of it, eh?)! ;)
Here is the update on my weaving of the hand spun yarn scarf. I started yesterday with the black weft. All was fine and looked good. The black strip is plain weave which I wanted to be solid, so that worked out nicely. That is when I should have realized there were to be some problems up ahead.......
When I started the bulk of the scarf, the warp disappeared! No matter what sequence of treadling I did, the warp barely showed up, so I undid all of the weaving, untied the warp from the front rod and went to my weaving books to see what I could find for suggestions (which I'm sure you are thinking is what I should have done before beginning this project....I agree!). After looking there, I also made a phone call to a weaving friend, Jan, who lives up north. We have been corresponding via email for awhile now.....from way back when I was doing loom research. After leaving a message on her answering machine, I then got on the computer and wrote her an email about the weaving crisis! :) She was kind enough to write back numerous times and did some researching for me in her weaving library. After several back and forth emails again last night, we ended the evening with what I thought was my plan. Well.....upon waking up at 3 this morning, I "made an adjustment" to that plan.......I would follow one of her earliest suggestions, going back to re-threading the heddles from what they are now...1-2-3-4, to 1-1-2-2-3-3-4-4, giving the warp double coverage each time it is up. She also suggested a tie up that I will use, too. Thank goodness for Jan being there and making herself available to solve the crisis of my own making.
I will, of course, keep you updated on this project. ;)