Thursday, January 21, 2010

"Another Attempt at a Heel....."

This photo shows the machine as ready to "turn a heel". The back half of the needles are all up and "not working", so only the front half will be knitting. The small black marks are where I will stop decreasing the amount of needles that knit and begin to increase the amount again which will form a heel.

I have not had much success with turning a heel as yet. Yesterday, I made it the furthest so far without breaking the thread of yarn. I know that it is because I am not doing something correctly, which I think has more to do with the weight on the sock more than anything else. Today's experiment will involve the heel hooks that came with the machine instead of the heel forks that I bought on ebay. I'll see if those make any difference in how the process works.

This coming Saturday is the crank in at the Hawthorne Branch Library (East Washington Avenue) from 9 AM- 4 PM, so I will definitely get some suggestions then.


A close up of the yarn carrier....


A close up of the needles with their latches.......

No comments: