Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Henry's Headboard....."

Our former neighbor, Jonathan, as some of you may remember, in my opinion, is a Master Woodworker. His latest piece was crafting a twin size headboard for his son Henry. I'd asked him if he would be willing to try and document the process. I'm happy to say that he did an EXCELLENT job in doing so......... :)

Here is the lumber that will be used. I will "try" to describe what each photo shows of the process, and will, of course, come back and change any captions when Jonathan corrects me. ;)


The side "legs" being laminated.......


Cutting pieces to size.......


Gluing the center parts of the design......


Gluing the side panels......


Henry's headboard framed and glued, prior to the addition of the laminated legs.


To be continued....

No comments: