Monday, August 30, 2010

"Visitors from North Dakota!"

You guessed it! Maniphone, Jonathan, Simon, and Henry came to Madison for a visit, staying, once again, at the Arbor House, which is just down the hill from us.

I went for a ride with them one of their days here. You may be wondering what Simon is staring at.........


As we rode down the ramp from the bike path, we saw this hawk. I call it a hawk, but I do not know my "birds of prey". It sat there, not giving us much more than a glance, even when we came walking back to take some photos.


Jonathan and Henry didn't come back for a closer look, but stayed where they came to a stop while Maniphone, Simon, and I walked back for photos.


A close up of a somewhat "hidden" Henry............


We got downtown a bit too early........the Veteran's Museum wasn't open yet, so we went into the new Fontana's Sporting Goods Shop. I enjoyed walking around with Simon and Henry, checking out all the tents and other camping equipment (they've been "backyard" camping with Jonathan). It was time well spent and we managed to talk Jonathan and Maniphone into spending a little cash on some new head lamps for "night reading". ;)

After that, we rode up to Capitol Square and visited the Veterans Museum. It was my first time there and I found it very interesting. The displays were all extremely well done, with very life like figures in action poses, etc. After that, a ride back down State Street, where they graciously treated me to lunch.

I had a very nice time (as I always do when visiting with them), and am very pleased that they took the time during their busy schedule to spend time with me. Poor Henry wasn't himself that day due to the heat. Thankfully, he perked up that afternoon after resting in air conditioning, and was ready for their trip to Milwaukee and a Brewers game the following day.

1 comment:

Molly Bee said...

That is indeed a beautiful Red Tailed Hawk!