Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"A Few Photos of the CSM Convention......."

The convention had one room in the hotel where personal machines could be set up to knit in a group setting. It also was where a class was scheduled to take place each session, too. Sharon (seated) is teaching this class. I believe it was "Beginning Socks".


This is afore mentioned room where many of the attendees set up their machines to knit anytime of the day or night when the room was open. This photo was taken the morning of day 1 and by the afternoon, there was no room to spare. I did not unpack my machine, but left it up in our room. Too many people, too little space, too much noise........not a good combination for me to focus on knitting.


This it where most of the classes took place. One big room with 3 classes (#4 was moved to where the meeting took place....same floor but behind elevators/kitchen area) going on at the same time, separated only by empty space. Unfortunately, the acoustics were not the best, but by Day 1's afternoon classes, classes were smaller, possibly due to how the morning classes went. I think people stayed at the hotel and knitted on their machines instead of attending classes, which worked out well so that those of us in the classes were able to sit closer to the instructor and hear what was said.


Deb (from Minnesota), the instructor for 2 of the classes I took......"Fancy Stitches" and "Mittens".


Bonnie (from Iowa), the instructor for another 2 classes I attended......"Heels" and "Argyles".


My convention experience was not the best but not due to lack information available. The instructors were very knowledgeable and gave freely of their time both in and out of classes. The area where classes were held was nice, but not when it came to seating the number of people around 3 instructors and being able to hear easily. Forgotten details that may seem small to others left me with a bad impression about attending another national conference. I know that I was not the only one who perceived some of these things, but I have also been told that each conference is totally different, so perhaps there will be another conference in my future, but not next year.....it takes place in Texas.......in July. Nope, not for me. ;)

No comments: