Friday, August 27, 2010

"A Little Spinning......"

I dyed some "Border Leicester Cross" fleece a few weeks ago and did some spinning. The color of the dyed fleece looked similar to the pinkish/salmon color of house insulation.........not "exactly" what I was going for but I figure I will ply it with white or possibly try a 3 ply this time. That remains to be seen. I do have more fleece carded, the white, which is ready to spin, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. All in good time.


This photo was taken without the flash and perhaps shows the dye color a little truer. The previous looked a bit orange in comparison.


On another fiber note.......I was thoroughly impressed with the customer service of Great Northern Weaving Company, Kalamazoo, MI. I called in an order on Monday morning and my supplies arrived TUESDAY afternoon! I was so impressed that I actually called to tell them. www.rugwarp.com

1 comment:

Janice Zindel said...

Beautiful spinning wheel, Michael!
Agree, plying with white or color would be good.

Great Northern is wonderful about shipping orders out right away. I call them for rug warp and order enough for discount.