Friday, April 10, 2009

"Snow, Woolee Winder, and The View...."



Sunday, prior to knee surgery, we once again had snow. Thankfully, we didn't get the predicted amount, but enough to cover the ground, and most of it had melted by the end of the day. We have had a hawk of some sort, quite interested in our "girls", Buffy and Heather. Sunday was when we had to find a solution, otherwise the girls were to be kept locked up in their coop and not allowed into their run. Dorn Hardware had plastic poultry netting which I stretched across the run in 3 different strips. Luckily, it is black and doesn't show up too much visually. We do, however, hope the hawk can see it. :)

I'd shown you a photo of my new Woolee Winder, but not as it was installed. Here it is on my wheel.


Here is a close up of the Woolee Winder. The yarn is threaded through the eyelet and it is automatically evenly distributed along the bobbin when the wheel is spun. I transferred all of my spun yarn to the Woolee Winder bobbins, but haven't had the time to sit down and spin with it yet. I think I'm really going to enjoy it though!


A view from my hospital room..............I was right above the main entrance of the hospital.


You can just barely see Lake Wingra on the left in this view.

No comments: