Friday, January 10, 2014

"2013 Christmas Amaryllis....."

Don's sister, Bonnie, and brother in law, Eugene, sent us a amaryllis bulb for Christmas.  I thoroughly watered it and set in near the wood stove, the most consistently and pleasantly warm spot in the house.

Here is a view of it the day I set it out.


I took this perhaps a week later.  Notice the new leaf ?


I took this yesterday and as you can see, we have the new leaf growth AND now a flower bud!


I will continue posting more photos of its progress.  Have I mentioned I LOVE amaryllis?  :)

1 comment:

KarenInTheWoods said...

Excited to see it grow and bloom! I was never good with them, and they never prospered. Wonder what color your bloom will be?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Karen and Steve
(Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*