Thursday, October 11, 2012

"I'm Home......."

I drove to Michigan last Saturday to visit Patrick, Julie, and Abigail.  Abigail's 3rd birthday was last Monday and I wanted to be there to celebrate it with her.  3 already!  Time flies faster the older I get!  Unfortunately, Don was not able to go with me since I planned on staying a few extra days, but I had Copper as my traveling companion.  ;)

I left before 6 AM Saturday morning while it was still dark.  I was able to snap this shot of the sunrise while driving along I 39/90.


As mentioned, Copper was my traveling companion, but a quiet one.  This was her "usual" position while we were on the road.  It's a bit blurry, but I was driving when I took this.  ;)


The further north I drove into Michigan, the more color I saw among the trees.  The following photos were taken along 31 north of Muskegon before getting to the Ludington area (I think).


I ran into small squalls of light rain driving up through Michigan, too.  I took this photo to show the clouds.  I find them beautiful, yet somewhat ominous, too.  The kids and I went out to dinner that night and when we came out of the restaurant, we had a rain/snow mix coming down.  Thankfully, it didn't last very long.  :)


I also had a few peeks of sun once and awhile, too.  When it came out, the tree colors became more vibrant!


My trip continued tomorrow.......

1 comment:

dc said...

Isn't it fun to try to take pictures while you are driving? Done that alot myself. If there aren't to many bugs on the window it works pretty good. Fun to head out on a trip by yourself sometimes isn't it?