Thursday, February 27, 2014

"2nd Aero Garden Started......"

Don and I stopped at "The Grow Store" (http://www.thegrowstoreofmichigan.com) because I searched online and knew they carried heritage tomato seeds from a somewhat local supplier (Copemish, MI....not too far south of us) called Marianna's Heirloom Seeds (https://www.mariannasheirloomseeds.com).  I was really amazed at what one can do to set up hydroponic gardening.........actually, they have products for ANY gardening need!  As I said, the store has everything one needs to be successful in growing plants hydroponically, and, although they do not carry Aero Gardens or supplies, they can easily order them and have them for us in a very timely manner.  Hooray for local!!!  ;)

So this morning I set up our other Aero Garden with 3 varieties of heirloom tomato seeds.  Unfortunately, the adaptive accessory that I had planned on using for planting my seeds in the Aero Garden must not have made the move from WI.  If it did, it was not with all the Aero Garden supplies or equipment, but "luckily and with foresight", Don had bought 2 different "seed planting kits" that do the same thing.  I can only start 7 pods of plants at a time, but that shouldn't be a problem.  Once the seeds germinate and are sturdy, I plan on transplanting them to the windowsill and replanting the pods with another round of seeds.  Hopefully, this experiment goes as planned.  ;)

Here is the oldest (and shortest) of our Aero Gardens newly planted.  I have 2 pods with "Golden Grape Cherry Tomatoes", 2 pods with "Hana" (a yellow-gold striped salad tomato), and 3 pods of a larger green tomato called "Wild Thyme".




2 comments:

KarenInTheWoods said...

That is really interesting.. and what a great way to get the tomatoes started! Especially in that depressing cold and miserable weather going on right now...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Karen and Steve
(Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Barb said...

What a great idea for getting your tomatoes started! I bet you'll have the best plants for miles around. We'll be starting lots of plants when I get back from my trip, but for now we are only dreaming of green things. sigh...