Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Eat For Equity/ Eat For DAIS!"

Don and I were invited to a fundraising event for DAIS (http://abuseintervention.org/), hosted by friends, Marti and Rebecca, last Saturday night.  Eat For Equity sponsored the event (http://eatforequity.org/), an organization that uses "food" as a way to help raise funds for various causes.

DAIS is beginning to raise funds so that a larger facility be available to help those in domestic abuse situations find a safe place for themselves and their children.  Here are the proposed plans......


Chef's Casey and Stephanie, in Rebecca and Marti's kitchen preparing the "family style" meal for the event........


Yes, here I am sticking my nose in the kitchen......and Rebecca actually REWARDING me for it!   ;)


A few photos with some of its participants.....



Yes, Rebecca and Marti's house was designed having a garage door with a huge screen along one kitchen wall, to "bring in the outdoors", which it does very well.   ;)

The menu of the evening was (double click to enlarge)......


I have photographs a few of the courses, which I can say with all sincerity, were DELICIOUS!!





Don and I had a wonderful time....meeting new people, seeing friends, having interesting conversations, and eating delicious food.  What more could anyone ask for, eh?

A HUGE thanks to Stephanie and Casey, for creating and serving a buffet of delicious and healthy foods, and to Marti and Rebecca for graciously opening their house to host this remarkable event.  A fantastic time was had by all.......

**My thanks to Stephanie for the use of some of her photos (which I didn't ask to use prior to borrowing them.....PLEASE forgive me?)

No comments: