Friday, March 11, 2011

"Towels Are Finished!"

I'd finished weaving the camp towels earlier this week and finally took the woven strip off the loom yesterday. Here is a photo of the entire strip with the darker rust color separating the individual towels.

I was a little disappointed about the lengths of the towels. They came out as small, medium, and large, even though they were all supposed to be 28" long. I re-read the pattern, but I must not be reading it correctly (unless it is written wrong), because it seems I did follow them correctly. All of them are useable, but I now know that when I weave towels again and use this pattern, I'll have to decide which towel directions (1,2,3,4) to use for whichever length I want. :)


Here are the finished hemmed towels. After machine washing and drying them, it was trip back in time...... these towels are 100% cotton.......no permanent press fabric here! ;) I'm looking forward to putting them to use and comparing them to what we have been using.


2 comments:

Maniphone said...

Beautiful! I will never look at my hand towels the same again ; )

Molly Bee said...

Oh my gosh! They're GORGEOUS! You are the master!