On Saturday, I removed the stationary hoops from one of the raised beds. I decided to build a frame, covering the entire bed, attaching it to the raised bed with hinges. This way I'll be able to open it during the day and close it at night until the nighttime temperatures are warmer. The warmed soil inside should keep the inside temperature higher during the night compared to the outside temperature. I chose to open it along the wider side, but am now thinking I may have to change that to the end so that I can easily reach everywhere in the bed........although, I suppose it depends on what I plant in the back center area. :)
I still need to tweak it a bit so that I can open it up in increments and have it safely stay in place without the wind blowing it wide open.
Sundays project was to build 2 potting benches for along the insides of the new pop up greenhouse. Unfortunately, I miscalculated in my lumber usage and shorted myself one 1"x3"x8'. I will be able to easily cut the pieces and install them with the bench in place. Luckily the missing piece was for the top and not for the main construction. :)